The connection to our MyCrypNet service is made using the OpenVPN free solution. Its protocol allows the customization of many parameters, to adapt to all situations of use. It is possible to use the default configuration offered on each tutorial page, or the performance-oriented configuration proposed in the article “MyCrypNet: use alternative configurations“. But it is also possible to create a more customized configuration.
Your custom configurationThis allows you to change the connection settings to your MyCrypNet network. For example, to go from the configuration proposed by default to the optimized one for the performances proposed in our article “MyCrypNet: use alternative configurations“, you must do these modifications:
- « proto tcp » become « proto udp » ;
- On each « remote » line, the port number changes from « 443 » to « 1194 ».
- 22 (traditionally used by the SSH protocol in TCP) ;
- 53 (traditionally used by the DNS protocol in UDP) ;
- 80 (traditionally used by the HTTP protocol in TCP) ;
- 443 (traditionally used by the HTTPS protocol in TCP) ;
- 1194 (default port for the OpenVPN protocol).
Create your secure network